MMUP mono-hulled version provides for the operation and conduct of scientific research in the most severe conditions up to the edge of the Arctic ice and under storm conditions (9-11 points on the Beaufort scale).
Prototype operation is planned in the Baltic and Caspian Seas.
Hull and unit structure
MMUP product highlights:
- rigid sail — wing made from 2-3 meter high sections, composite-based (radio-transparent) with inner sealed cavities for steering engines installation (flaperons), phased radio antennas and atmosphere analysis detectors,
- the sail control device includes a set of servomotors with rotation speed sensors, a brake and shaft angle sensors;
- keel ensures stability and attachment of towed hydroacoustic equipment with the possibility of carrying an underwater glider on its grips;
- solar heterostructural panels on MMUP free surfaces;
- small-sized electric motors to keep MMUP within a given course or moving in still conditions;
- rudder and sail-wing drives with servomotors connected to a common intelligent control unit;
- power consumption of the sail and rudder control equipment (servos, controllers, on-board computer, machine vision equipment) comprises ca. 200 watts;
- the sensor module designed to detect, range objects and sense the environment, including: radar, phased antennas, infrared and visual spectral cameras, GPS and GLONASS modules, Iridium satellite equipment for transmitting packet data, AIS (automatic identification system).
Machine vision devices that provide for recording video signals, infrared and ultrasonic range signals into memory ("black box").
The data, along with the sail route, is stored and constantly updated in кthe vessel's computer navigation and information system.
All equipment is produced in a moisture-proof version with a warranty period of min. 2 years.
Mast support structure
Sail structural elements
Learn more on high-tech solutions: